First: Colleges and Scientific Disciplines
Duration of study at Al Qasimia University colleges is four years, (excluding time required for completion of program of Arabic for non-native speakers). A student is required to achieve (129-135) credit hours to acquire a bachelor in one of the following majors:
|1||Sharia & Islamic Studies||Bachelor of Sharia & Islamic Studies|
|2||Arts & Humanities||Bachelor of Arab language & literature|
|3||Communication||Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication|
Second: Instructional language in our colleges and the educational system
- Arabic is the language of instruction in the colleges of Sharia & Islamic Studies, Arts & Humanities, and the College of Holy Quran.
- Non-Arabic speaker students are required to pass an Arabic placement test After they reach the university to determine the college most suitable for their direct admission; otherwise, they shall be required to attend (for one or two semesters at most) the non-native speakers program at the Languages Center.
Third: Bachelor Programs Admission Requirements
1. Holders of the General Secondary Certificate or what is equivalent
- Get a rate of success of not less than 70% to be eligible to join Faculties of Sharia and Islamic Studies, Arts and Humanities, Holy Quran and Communication..
- Get a rate of success of not less than 75% to be eligible to join Faculty of Economics and Management
- Students who got the Religious Secondary Certificate at a rate of (75% or more) are allowed to join College of Sharia & Islamic Studies or the College of Holy Quran or the College of Arts & Humanities College only.
- Students who got the Commercial Secondary Certificate at a rate of (80% or more) from accredited schools or institutes are allowed to apply for the College of Economics.
- Under any circumstance, study at the secondary stage must not be less than three (3) years.
2. Student Admission Basic Fundamentals
- Applicants should record their desires for colleges arranged according to their interests.
- Approved applicants are distributed to colleges in light of the numbers planned to be admitted to every college and in accordance with their interests of study, average sequence and the numbers devoted to each State.
- Secondary certificates obtained from outside the UAE must be equalized to those issued in it.
- The applicant shouldn't been dismissed disciplinary or academically from any University or high institute.
- At that time of application, the secondary certificate or its equivalent must not be older than three (3) years.
- Applicants must not be more than 20 years at the time of application.
- Students will not be allowed to regularly attend their courses unless they complete the required documents.
- Students' admission will be conducted according to the numbers planned to be admitted to every college. Preference in selection among students will be on the basis of higher marks, fresh graduation and young age.
Fourth: Required Documents
- The original secondary certificate.
- The original transcripts for the secondary stage grades (tenth – eleventh – twelfth).
- Endorsement of all the required certificates from the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issuance and the UAE Embassy in that country. In case the UAE has no Embassy in a country, certificates are to be endorsed from any Arab country embassy in this country.
- Legal translation of non-Emirati certificates into Arabic or English language and endorsing them from the abovementioned parties.
- Submission of what states that the Ministry of Education in the country of issuance acknowledges the institute or school awarding the certificate, and that their graduates can join the public Universities therein.
- translating the passport into Arabic if it is in a language other than English
- A full completed application form.
- A copy of the student's passport valid for not less than one year.
- 12 modern, colorful personal photos measuring (3×4) with white background.
- A copy of a valid certificate of a good conduct and behavior with a legal translation for its content into Arabic or English.
- A copy of (the birth certificate) or what alike, with a legal translation for its content in case the data is not written in Arabic or English.
- Health Fitness Certificate issued by a government hospital in the student's own country stating that he is free from all the infectious diseases, and is endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in the country of issuance.