First: Colleges and Programs:
The duration of study in all programs is four years (excluding the Intensive Arabic Program). The student must complete 129-135 credit hours to obtain a bachelor's degree in one of the following programs:
|College of the Holy Quran||Bachelor of Science in the Holy Quran|
|College of Sharia and Islamic Studies||Bachelor of Arts in Sharia and Islamic Studies|
|College of Arts and Humanities||Bachelor of Arts in Arabic Language and Literature|
|College of Communication||Bachelor of Arts in Media|
|College of Economics and Management||Bachelor of Arts in Economics|
Second: Language of Instruction:
- The language of instruction at the College of Sharia and Islamic Studies, College of Arts and Humanities and College of the Holy Quran is Arabic.
- The languages of instruction at the College of Economics and Management and College of Communication are: Arabic and English.
- New non-Arabic speaking students are placed in the Intensive Arabic Program (for a maximum of one or two semesters) provided that they are accepted at the Language Center.
Third: Admission Requirements for Academic Programs:
1. Holders of a Secondary School (High School) Certificate or its equivalent
- A minimum average of at least 70% is required for admission in the programs offered by College of the Holy Quran, College of Sharia and Islamic Studies, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Communication.
- A minimum average of at least 75% is required for admission in the programs offered by to the College of Economics and Management.
- Students with a religious Secondary School (High School) Certificate along with a minimum average of 75% or higher are only allowed to enrol in the programs offered by College of Holy Quran, College of Sharia and Islamic Studies and College of Arts and Humanities.
- Students with a Commercial Secondary School (High School) Certificate along with a minimum average of 80% or higher from accredited schools or institutes can also enrol in programs offered by the College of Economics and Management.
- In all cases, education in Secondary School (High School) must not be less than three years.
2. Student-specific Information
In the admission application, students should prioritize the program they wants to study by stating their preference.
- The Secondary School (High School) Certificate obtained by the student must be equivalent to the Secondary School Certificate issued in the United Arab Emirates.
- The student must not have been previously dismissed from Al Qasimia University or any other university or higher institute for disciplinary or academic reasons.
- When applying to the university, the date of obtaining the Secondary (high School) Certificate or its equivalent must not have crossed two years.
- The applicant must be at least 16 years old and not more than 20 years old when applying to the university.
- Students will not be enrolled in any courses without first submitting the required documents.
- All submitted documents, which are required for the purpose of admission, shall be verified to see whether or not they satisfy the admission requirements.
- Meeting the admission requirements does not guarantee acceptance, as the admission process depends on the admission policy and the university's student capacity based on the availability of resources.
- Applicants shall be accepted according to the number of students specified for each college. Preference shall be given to students with higher grades, followed by students who are recent graduates, followed by students who are younger in age than others.
- All admitted applicants are required to take the Arabic Language Placement Test to be able to register for freshman-level college courses. The test helps assess students' language skills which in turn helps determine whether or not are able to enrol directly in the college program.
Fourth: Required Documents:
- Original Secondary School (High School) Certificate
- Original transcripts for Grades 10, 11 and 12
- Attestation of the required documents from the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country from which the certificate was issued and the Embassy of the UAE in that country. In the absence of the UAE Embassy, the documents can be attested by the embassy of any Arab country operating in the student's country.
- Translation of foreign certificates into Arabic or English from a certified translation company and their attestation from the above-mentioned authorities.
- Provide evidence of recognition of the school or institute which issued the Secondary School (High School) Certificate.
- Translation of the passport into Arabic if it is in a language other than English.
- Admission application must be completed.
- For applying to programs offered by the College of Economics and Management, students must have TOEFL Certificate with a minimum score of (IBT 61) or (CBT 173) or (PBT 500) or the international equivalent of an academic test in English (IELTS) with a score of at least (5.0) or a minimum score of (1100) on the EmSAT in English. In addition to the above, the applicant is also required to obtain a score of (600) or more in the EmSAT in the Arabic language and mathematics. All the above should have been obtained within two years from the date of applying to the university.
- For applying to programs offered by the College of Communication, you must show the completion of the TOEFL with a minimum score of (IBT 45) or (CBT 133) or (PBT 450) or IELTS with a minimum score of at least (4.5) or EmSAT with a minimum score of at least (950). All tests should have been conducted within two years from the date of applying to the university. The university does not bear the costs of the IELTS or TOEFL tests.
- Copy of the student's passport with a validity of at least two years.
- Twelve recent colored photographs (3×4) with a white background.
- Certified Police Clearance/Criminal Status Certificate, issued by the applicant's country, stating that he or she is of good conduct. This certificate must be translated into Arabic or English by a certified translation company if it is in any other language.
- Copy of the birth certificate or what proves that. This must be translated by a certified translation company if it is in a language other than Arabic or English.
- Health fitness certificate issued by a government hospital in the student's country stating that the student is free of all infectious diseases. This document should be attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of that country. This certificate should not be older than three months from the date of applying to the university.