Al Qasimia University pursues to be a distinct, multicultural, academic beacon that elevates science, literature and the values of dialogue. It is guided in everything it does by the foundations of tolerant Islam and its teachings that are open to the whole world.
“Al-Qasimia University is seeking to form a distinguished academic community in higher education, scientific research and community service that attracts students and researchers from all parts of the world, and provides them with a competitive educational level that highlights Islamic and human values. It also prepares them for an effective contribution to the development of their societies and the global community in order to achieve the greatest degree of compatibility among all people of the world”
AQU Goals and Values
Al Qasimia University aims to:
- Raise the true profile of Islam as a way of life.
- Prepare students in sciences of religion and traditional sciences, in a balanced manner, and train them to take advantage of Islamic sources of knowledge and scientific methodology.
- Promote Arabic Language and strength its belonging, as it is the language of the Holy Quran.
- Promote scientific methodology, graduate studies and specialized research in Islamic world affairs.
- Prepare specialists and experts, promote the development of literature and the progress of sciences and art, and contribute to the development of the community, while preserving pure Arabic traditions and the rich Islamic cultural heritage.
- Strengthen cultural and scientific ties with other universities and Arab, foreign and international authorities.
- Provide a scientific framework for the development of understanding between adherents of various Islamic schools of thought and promote the values of dialogue between religions and cultures.
- Develop a sense of belonging to the Islamic culture, an appreciation for its values, and an interest in learning about its heritage and achievements.
- Promote literature, the arts and the advancement of science among Muslims and link these to Islamic foundations.
- Build specialized capabilities and develop these in serving the community-at-large, in general, and the Islamic world, in particular.
The mission, goals and objectives of the University reflect the enlightened and progressive policies of the Emirate of Sharjah and the United Arab Emirates. The University warmly embraces international collaborations with prominent academic institutions around the globe with the noble objectives of advancing knowledge in many fields and disciplines and improving the quality of life for all humans. At the same time, the University fully respects the local culture and traditions and proudly fosters the rich Arab and Islamic cultural heritage of its community.
Al Qasimia University seeks to realize its mission through a set of core values that define its character and distinguish its strategic course:
While Al Qasimia University is rooted in its Arab/Islamic traditions, at the same time, it considers the global dimension of its mission made manifest in its respect for others and various cultures and in serving all countries of the world.
Social and Moral Obligation
The AQU community is committed to the social and moral scope of its activities and that which conforms to the teachings of Islam and high humanistic ideals.
Continuous Learning Environment
The university views students as central to the educational process and therefore provides a continuous learning environment with the latest equipment in order to encourage independent critical thinking and positive interaction with the rapidly changing technology.
The university is committed to applying the highest standards of quality and continuously seeks to develop the educational process, research and community service.
The university promotes innovation in its course towards scientific excellence.
Al Qasimia University promotes openness, diversity, justice, fairness and academic freedom